• Webmaster Forums, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting, Monetization & More!

AdminForum.org is a community of webmasters with useful content and resources.
    Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share.

Join for Free Today!

Spam

StormyFire

Bits
What do you do about spammy content whether it is posted by actual spammers or by regular members? How do you define spam?

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
Well for me any content created by a bot or member which doesn't fit in the correct category or simply makes no sense, or even content which is just a link and no supporting content. :rolleyes:

To be honest, I very rarely see that a member would post spam, it's probably that they just never read the rules properly. I always do a spam check when I see spammy looking content.

Lammchen

Bits
I've had some members post spammy things and as long as they don't do it too often I'll let it slide. People who sign up just to spam are banned. Regular members get more leeway.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I do agree with that, once a member builds up a bit of reputation throughout the forums then posting spam once in a while is fine as long as it is not over done. But when members join just for the sake of posting spam, that's a huge no-no.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Hi Everyone! Just joined this forum ..... Just looking around 4 now.
How is everyone doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetce