• Webmaster Forums, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting, Monetization & More!

AdminForum.org is a community of webmasters with useful content and resources.
    Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share.

Join for Free Today!

Restricting Content to Members Only

Joshua Farrell

Bits
What are your thoughts on having content that only registered members can see?

I personally dislike having my public forums, set to members only on being able view them.

Jayson

Bits
It could be a good gimmick to get signups, but they need to feel like what's hidden is worth registration.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
Yeah, I have countless experiences where I register on such a website to see the content is not really what I expected it to be. Just wasted time, restricting premium content is another story, if you really have content that helps people, and you know that for a fact then making it premium is worth it. But always test the waters before restricting the content, see if your members really find this content useful or not.

Jay

Bits
The only one i have on my sites is adult access, visitors or members can't see the node but i have it set so you can go into your preferences and enable adult access, the rest of my forums are open.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
The only one i have on my sites is adult access, visitors or members can't see the node but i have it set so you can go into your preferences and enable adult access, the rest of my forums are open.
That does kind of make sense, because you'd want to limit access to such nodes without knowing how old your user is.

Jay

Bits
Well you really don't know their age but if it ever went to court you would have a leg to stand on as that type of forum is not open to the public, plus on that forum i have an add-on that will force the user to agree they wont be offended and that they are 19, more added protection.

Not saying it will save you but it sure will help you.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
Well you really don't know their age but if it ever went to court you would have a leg to stand on as that type of forum is not open to the public, plus on that forum i have an add-on that will force the user to agree they wont be offended and that they are 19, more added protection.

Not saying it will save you but it sure will help you.
Yes, having consent from the user agreeing that they are 18+ is a must for an adult section. It's always good to have your bases covered in case of any legal issue. That's the last thing a site admin would want.

Reactions: Jay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Binary Options No Deposit Bonuses List - binaryoptionsfree.eu
How did you celebrate Christmas?
Christmas is literally 10 Days away! 🎅
Hakuna Matata? Idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member