• Webmaster Forums, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting, Monetization & More!

AdminForum.org is a community of webmasters with useful content and resources.
    Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share.

Join for Free Today!

Forum Makeovers to keep interest

Joshua Farrell

Bits
Do you think it is necessary to occassionally give your forum a makeover? Do you think it is necessary to do so, when you have multiple skins? I have seen changes from colors, designs, content to going so far as a name change.

In my opinion, change can be good at times for a community. Many times I have seen forums die out, because the admin felt that nothing needed to be changed or that having multiple skins for its members was sufficient. The common thought of " if it isn't broke, don't fix it" seems to be a reason not to as well.

What are your thoughts?

Jayson

Bits
Holidays could be a good time for a temporary change in look. Anyway, consistency can be a good thing, but forums that change totally every few months, even if not for holidays, might have something going there.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I think yes, a forum makeover keeps the website quite interesting and also as an admin keeps you busy with the website. But of course not every month, that would drive away your user base cause maybe some members won't like the changes that you do.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Binary Options No Deposit Bonuses List - binaryoptionsfree.eu
How did you celebrate Christmas?
Christmas is literally 10 Days away! 🎅
Hakuna Matata? Idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DudeThatsErin