• Webmaster Forums, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting, Monetization & More!

AdminForum.org is a community of webmasters with useful content and resources.
    Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share.

Join for Free Today!

Forum Currency

Joshua Farrell

Bits
Many forums have added currency on their forums, but is it really needed? Do you have it on your forum? If so, what do you usually use the forum currency for on your own forum? Do you let users exchange it among themselves, or do you let your users purchase services or upgrades from the forum?

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I think Forum currency is a great way to reward members for posting on forums. It's like playing a computer game, the more you keep playing, the more points you keep earning. And of course being able to unlock special features throughout the forum is a good way to gamify the forums. It makes it so that all members of the forum post to join a leader board.

AF uses AF฿ = Admin Forum Bucks. We will soon implement a store for you to purchase upgrades using those points for your account.

Ash

Bits
We use it because it fits in well with a general discussion forum. It allows us to give users the chance to customise their profiles and posts. It just makes posting a little more rewarding as well.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
We use it because it fits in well with a general discussion forum. It allows us to give users the chance to customise their profiles and posts. It just makes posting a little more rewarding as well.
Yeah, that sounds like the perfect use for a general discussion forum.

How else has anyone used forum currency before?

Ash

Bits
I know that there are some post to host forums out there that will offer you "free" hosting as long as you frequently post messages.

Jayson

Bits
Forum currency can be fun, even if not really useful or widespread on the forum. Why not include it?

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I know that there are some post to host forums out there that will offer you "free" hosting as long as you frequently post messages.
Yeah, I know a few too which closed down. I guess due to inactivity on the forums. I like being able to purchase account upgrades from forum currency. That motivates users to keep posting.

StormyFire

Bits
I don't have a currency on my forum. I may add one someday, but I would prefer to have people participating because they want to do so, not for reward. It seems like the community will be better that way. ^^

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I don't have a currency on my forum. I may add one someday, but I would prefer to have people participating because they want to do so, not for reward. It seems like the community will be better that way. ^^
I do agree with you, but sometimes members like to be rewarded, that is just human nature we like to be rewarded and appreciated for what we do, giving them a chance to collect virtual money and spend it makes their posting worthwhile. But yes, there are some members who join and post because they want to and not expect anything in return.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Binary Options No Deposit Bonuses List - binaryoptionsfree.eu
How did you celebrate Christmas?
Christmas is literally 10 Days away! 🎅
Hakuna Matata? Idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DudeThatsErin