• Webmaster Forums, SEO, Domain Names, Hosting, Monetization & More!

AdminForum.org is a community of webmasters with useful content and resources.
    Connect with fellow webmasters. Grow your network. Stay informed. Learn and share.

Join for Free Today!

Banned Usergroup

Joshua Farrell

Bits
What do you do with the users who are banned? Do they have anything special added to them?

I personally would rather use "Banned" as the custom rank or title, over anything else. I have seen some owners of forums that do not do anything special for their banned users.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I would keep them under the banned user group and have a strike over their name so that members know that this user was banned.

Ash

Bits
Just keep them in the banned user group forever since deleting them would create other problems such as allowing them to use their email again.

Just like Nous mentioned, just have a striker through their name.

StormyFire

Bits
I use phpBB, which doesn't really have a banned usergroup. It just assigns a "banned" flag to their account, which prevents them from seeing the forum or posting.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I use phpBB, which doesn't really have a banned usergroup. It just assigns a "banned" flag to their account, which prevents them from seeing the forum or posting.
Yeah, phpBB does not have a user group. But is it possible to style the name? Like put a strike through the name under the banned users name?

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Bits
I do like how XenForo handles banned users, having their name striked out makes it clear to everyone that this member is banned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Binary Options No Deposit Bonuses List - binaryoptionsfree.eu
How did you celebrate Christmas?
Christmas is literally 10 Days away! 🎅
Hakuna Matata? Idk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DudeThatsErin