Ad Blockers

Joshua Farrell

Sep 30, 2021
Bits
For those who have advertising on their forums or sites, can you tell when someone is using an adblocker, compared to how much you are earning? And if you had to take a guess, how much of your pageview count do you think is through an ad blocker, thus preventing earnings from the ads?

Jayson

Oct 4, 2021
Bits
I suppose someone could tell. Anyway, I wouldn't put ads on my site due to this reason maybe. Well, how many ads are being blocked on average in the US?

Well, there are other ways to get ads or revenue on there, though - to bypass the blockers.

Last edited:

Ash

Oct 2, 2021
Bits
We used to have ads on my forum but we removed them. As someone that uses an ad blocker on sites, it's just not as effective anymore to have ads. I don't like sites that block users and tell them to disable ad blockers.

Nous

Visionary
Administrator
Sep 22, 2021
Bits
We used to have ads on my forum but we removed them. As someone that uses an ad blocker on sites, it's just not as effective anymore to have ads. I don't like sites that block users and tell them to disable ad blockers.
Yep, this is the most annoying part, running ads is a different thing, but pushing the ads on the user's face and discouraging them from using ad blocks is just not right.

Fait

Oct 24, 2021
Bits
I see both sides, sites cost a lot of money to keep open but you can never force someone to do something.

On Xenforo especially Account upgrades is more effective.